Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How you ruined Feral

Blizzard you have ruined Feral Druid pvp. I have been playing a feral druid since the Burning Crusade.

Back when I was trying to decide what class I wanted at 70. I was instantly captivated when I saw the fat cow (chrille)'s pvp videos. The way he would weave in and out in his fights was simply beautiful.

The whole reason I found feral so amazing was the fact that they were mobile and fast. That was always the most fun thing to me. Shifting out of mage's novas, other druid's roots, spider's webs, etc.

Now I am fully aware that we can still shift out of slows. We also may still be a very good spec to play. The thing is, it has NEVER, and I really mean NEVER been about how overpowered my spec is.

I played feral in TBC, when we were awful, a step above ret paladins at best. It would have been fine with me if you had nerfed Feral's damage so they did a fourth of what they do now in CATA. Blizzard, do not think even for a second, that it is the fact that feral's were "UNCONTROLLABLE."

You guys took away our fear clear from berserk (which I am actually fine with, we didn't have it in TBC and we got along well enough.) Thats the thing though, no one EVER complained about feral being "uncontrollable" in the burning crusade. Thats because feral was BAD.

The only reason everyone started crying about feral being uncontrollable is because you made our damage ridiculous with a extra fear trinket to boot. It is understandable that this happened, we were to overpowered so a nerf was expected and deserved.

It was done in the completely wrong way though! The whole essence of feral was the fact that they could shift out of anything to stay on their target. I have thought of a scenario to compare to what you have done to feral (because there is no perfect way to compare this to another class.)

Picture if you made rogues the MOST overpowered class in the game by far. Lets say there mutilates and envenoms hit in the neighborhood of 40-60k, blind was on a 30 second cd, shadowdance lasted 30 seconds (These are extreme figures but i'm trying to make a point.)

Now lets say that with these amazingly ridiculous buffs they took away stealth from rogues. Some rogues would still be happy because players like that just want to do well with no regard to how it happens or enjoying the game what-so-ever. But I promise you that a great deal of rogues would be appalled.

I feel that the reason is fairly obvious.

That is what makes a rogue... a rogue. Players choose that class when they start up the game (back when the game was fun and everything you see is magical) because thats what makes rogues unique. They like the though of being a stealthy assassin. A ninja-esque type play. It is what makes the class.. fun.

This is how I feel about feral druids. To me what made the class fun, (and I'm sure most pure blooded ferals would agree with me) what made me want to ever play one wasn't how overpowered we were (because we were aweful in TBC) or not because we were uncontrollable (because we got feared around like a lost puppy in TBC.) It was always being mobile (hitting like a girl) but mobile all the same.

Blizzard without being to shift out of roots and novas, we are no longer ferals. I beg of you, I am not saying our spec is bad because I have not had sufficient time to see how good we are. What I am asking is not to be good, nerf whatever you need to, however bad you need to.

Just give us back our mobility. Keep the fear clearing ability off of berserk, thats fine. Just allow us to shift out of novas, and roots, and those things because Blizzard, that is what you so correctly designed for us ferals to do. IT IS WHO WE ARE!
^ /agree man PvP for druids is broken, anytime class changes are implemented its because of all the other classes that QQ about it......

No comments:

Post a Comment